Saturday, June 20, 2009

Creative Options

It's a rainy morning. Last week my car died when my husband and I went to Oneonta on a dessert date. The engine seized up after losing antifreeze and clattered to a grinding halt, spewing oily smoke. Luckily my kids had D's car and were less than a mile down the road at a drive-in theater, and the first movie "Up" had been seen. They got us at 11 PM. My son drove me back to my car the next day so I could get my junk out. We eventually had it towed to a salvage garage and I received $75 for it. I miss my wheels.

100_5322

100_5326

However, the forced time at home has given me the opportunity to draw more. I've almost completed my train drawings for my 2010 calendar. I've also almost done making two small quilts for graduating seniors this year. I have to stop blogging and go tie Logan's quilt- the party is this afternoon!

2 comments:

LAC said...

So sorry your car died. If you lived closer I would have sent Markie to fix it for you. I like your positive take on it though, I wish I had the creative energy lately to get back to scrapping. But it looks like that room is destined for better things... I might have to shelve the creativity for awhile.

DeVona said...

Thanks, Lisa! I think your priorities have shifted these days- so happy for you! So do you or Markie recommend any particular brand of small car? I would like to get a manual, 4-door small car...Toyota? Hyundi? Mazda? Ford?