Monday, November 28, 2011

Tip Toad Through the Tulips...

Lately, my motto seems to be, "Plant when the weather allows!" Imagine my surprise last week when I unearthed a lumpish toad when digging yet another row, preparing to plant more sale tulips! Mr. Toad seemed a little perturbed being aroused from his sluggish slumber. Perhaps he was dreaming of flashy motorcars when my shovel rudely disrupted him. After I planted my treasures, I tried covering him back up with a loose layer of dirt, when I received my second surprise. Toads chirp! At least this particular one did! Luckily I didn't understand his language, but it sounded like a succession of vile curses. I gently removed the dirt, and left him alone to recover at his own pace.

GEDC4365

GEDC4369

GEDC4373

In other news, I'm delighted to announce my association with Art Farm on Prentice Road, just off of Kattelville Road, between Chenango Bridge and Chenango Forks, NY. (I dropped off some Farmhouse Greetings cards and calendars there for the holiday season). It looks to be a promising and happening art and produce place.The owner/artist is the grandson of a wonderful lady I worked with when I was a summer school crafts counselor in Chenango Bridge, dare I say 30 to 40 years ago? I've watched as he went to art school and announced his dreams of converting his grandparents' spacious barn into an art gallery and studio space. I hope to mention Art Farm often as it grows in the community and enriches us with fine produce and creative offerings!

GEDC4357

GEDC4362

2 comments:

Joan said...

Aw, poor Mr. Toad ... chuckled at your reference to the merry ride, just love that old story. Super news about the art gallery/ farm produce barn. How cool is that! I'd love to see it. Maybe someday.

Sylvia K said...

Delightful post for the day and just the smiles I needed! Thank you for your visit and kind words! They are much appreciated!

Sylvia