Friday, February 22, 2008

Greetings from the Farmhouse


"Greetings and Salutations!" Those are the same words my Dad greeted me with  if I chanced to see him when I walked down the corridors at Chenango Valley School over thirty years ago. He taught Earth Science and I often spotted him patrolling the halls outside the science rooms. True, his greeting was a little long and old-fashioned, when a simple "Hi" would've sufficed.  The "Salutations" part even reminded me of the story of Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, and the same magical word spun into the web over Wilber's pigsty. Anyway, I still remember the happy little kick I got from Dad's hallway greeting, and I offer you my greetings and welcome in the same spirit from the family farmhouse where I live and work.

2 comments:

DDanD said...

Welcome aboard!

me ann my camera said...

Welcome to the world of blogging; and what a beautiful farmhouse in a beautiful setting!