Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fair Days

Yesterday, my youngest and I spent several hours at the Delaware County fair in Walton, NY. It's a wonderful event, large enough to have plenty of animals, quilts, produce,vendors and wildlife exhibits, small enough to be enjoyable.J won an inflatable Yankees bat at the pitching booth because he correctly guessed the speed of his last pitch (44 mph according to the radar gun)and had fun on the bumper cars. I squealed on the Tidal Wave ride much to the amusement my young seatmate. J chatted several times throughout the day with his last year's teacher at her family's extreme sports tent, and I saw a few acquaintances-our postmistress and her family, as well as a fiddler from the Jericho Jam who often attends the Town hall bluegrass concerts. I'm still trying to remember his name! I marvelled at the quilts.In the wildlife exhibit, Mr. Scribbles transformed kids' doodles into souvenir cartoon images. Turns out he graduated from RIT, also, and knew several of the professors I mentioned. We bought colorful earrings for R, as well as socks from the sock tent. A young girl was sitting in the poultry tent, calmly holding a beautiful, red rooster. We plan on going to the State Fair in Syracuse later this month.

Shuttle

Yikes

Pedal power

Neat

Favorite photo @ fair

She shears

Quilts and flowers

My work force

Fruit tart for Mom D

New kitten

Jazz kitten

R decided she wanted to give J a kitten for his 10th birthday. J and R decided on the name Jazz and it seems to fit. We've all become Jazz aficionados lately.

No comments: