Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

My New year recently started on my early January birthday. D gave me a nice bouquet of tulips and a small watering can, J helped make me breakfast, R sang me a song, J gave me an iChat gizmo and the whole family went with me early to see one of my favorite bands perform at the Bainbridge Town Hall Theater. We were the first ones there, but the seats quickly filled.Live music, well done, is a total joy to experience.

I don't mind getting older: I try to find something to enjoy in each day, even if it's just a passing comment about the weather from a stranger, a ray of sun, streaming through the window on an otherwise gloomy day, or a sip of hot tea. I don't need a whiz bang celebration to make a day special. I've perfected the art of appreciating life's little pleasures.

Tulips

Tulips

Tulips

Susquehanna String band

No comments: